5.08.2015

living room inspiration board :: mrs. boom decorates

In my last home decor post I shared our newly decorated entryway. Today, I'm on to our next, much larger decor project...the living room. When Mr. Boom and I started talking about the design, he suggested using photos from our trips to Greece as wall art. Yes. This photo from our honeymoon immediately came to mind and became the inspiration piece for the room.


True confession: this room has sat empty under a pile of boxes for the full year and a half we have been in our home. When we found and purchased this house, we did so partially because it has room to grow. Lots of room to grow. Especially considering we moved in with three rooms worth of furniture from our former condo. We didn't need to use the formal living room and didn't have any furniture for the space. So, it sat. And it irked me every time I walked in the house as it's the first room visible from the front door. Now, we have a plan and are ready to roll!



I stalked watched the slipper chairs online for a few weeks and jumped to order two when I saw them drop to 50% off. Two for the price of one? Yes, please and thank you! The area rug was another sale grab and ended up close to 50% off. The white European fold roman shades have been installed for awhile now. The sleeper sofa has been ordered and will be shipping (fingers crossed!) momentarily. Mr. Boom has agreed to build the white console table based on plans by Ana White. The shelving photo is inspiration from @jeadoreblogger on Instagram and I have already gathered a few similar pieces from Home Goods and Target.


These accent pillows will replace some a of the printed ones that come with the couch. I cannot wait to see this all come together!

1 comments:

Maggie Grant said...

How fun does that inspiration look? Splashing bright colors on bohemian prints is the perfect formula to a cozy-looking living room! I've got high hopes for that living room, Mrs. Boom. I’m hoping to see it materialize soon. All the best!

Maggie Grant @ The Find Consignment

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails